Sunday 20 November 2016

sem 2 week 9: 1 more week till presentation

20 Nov 2016

Hello guys!! whoo hoo! This week was amazing, one of the best birthdays i ever had. So many people wished me and many more celebrating my birthday with me :). But now on to work

CPD 
This week i played a lot with the after effects filters, and like usual because my friends want to change the composition of their shot, i have to change the composition of my lighting, which requires me to re-render EVERYTHINGG!!. This week I've learn we cant do any super hard camera movements because to get the 2D perspective of the toilet shots is way too difficult. So at first i'd finish compositing all the toilet scene but now, I have no toilet scenes complete because we are scrapping the work to find new compositions. Sigh pies... I know this is the greater good of the project but it breaks my heart to see my work get wasted.

This week i intend to finish 3 more lightings. I've actually finished compositing the lift lobby scenes as well but alvin gave me a advice on how to improve it so i guess i have to re-render it.

Audio Design workshop
Though in our course we aren't taught audio design, our teacher invited a guest, Mr Kazz Sato, I could clearly see his love from his work and through his showreel you could tell his specialty is horror sound effects. He didn't talk about the technical aspects of the sound effects but talk more about what is suitable for what situations. How the weirdest items can make the most natural sounds. He reference to a few films that i love, like kill bill for the dramatic sound effects when they hit each other and singing in the rain where there was juxtaposition, because though rain is associated with saddness the man singing, sing in the rain is very happy. Another good note is that when the characters are speaking you should dim the background sound so as to hear the characters.

He had very good advice, he also told us not to give up on our passion because he has seen alot of talented people giving up just to have a stable jobs and he finds it a waste. This talked actually gave me more encouragement to do my work better because i do love what i am currently doing right now, though i have doubts.

Here is what i did last week:

Camera angles like these wont work
AN APPROVE SHOT YESSS!!

LETS KEEP IT UP CHARMAINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment