Sunday 3 July 2016

WEEK 11: FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL!

2 JULY 2016

WELCOME BACK CHARMAINE!!

I GOT MY RESULTS BACK FOR DCG AND 3AP! It was average but not what I was aiming for, I guess I have to work harder for the assignment 2s.

This week wasn't that bad i have just finished my environment modelling assignment and I'm really please with the work I've done. Borko even praised me for my modelling. For this assignment Priyanka and i worked as a team to do the streets of our Short film.

Im really excited to show the work i have accomplished for this assignment:

layout followed

Layout of the streets.

 You may be thinking: "you are doing a 2D/3D film, will this match your 2D characters?" Priyanka has found this program called ToonShader which makes 3D objects have a 2D feel to it. We haven't applied it on our building, but we have tested it out and it works! Not to fear.


Feeling of this project
I felt really bad for rushing Priyanka all the time, and I know she already has a lot on her plate since she has 2 more modules than me. Still I really like this module, so I want to produce the best quality that i can. I didn't mind the fact that I was doing extra work or unnecessary stuff. Another reason was, I fought for the rights to do 3D modelling during the first few weeks of CPS so I can't produce lousy quality. My ears would be full of "i told you so" , "full 2D is way better".

CPD Class

During CPD Karen talked to us about knowing what we want for our projects. We were feeling very down that we were still haven't confirmed our story. She comforted us saying that its better to be a group open to changes than a group that is restricted with our ideas. Which i think she is right, now we have a vast variety of pieces, all we have to do is piece them together and we get a beautiful picture.

"It's always the small pieces that makes the bigger picture."

Thoughts and feelings
I am really worried that we might not finish everything in time before next weeks viva, so this coming week i will focus all my energy to finish up all the base modelling for the environments.

I think I shall be more encouraging to my group mates. Right now everyone is slowly falling sick and getting gloomy. Lets be a positive energy to everyone around us! :) 

bad video quality, so sorry.You can check my work out on my deviant account the link is on the left side of this blog. ( the Chinese house photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment